GET RID OF BAD BREATHE
Bad breathe also called Halitosis or Oral malador is simply the awful smell coming from an open mouth or the unpleasant odour present on the breathe.
Many people do not even realise how bad their breathe smells and have to embarrass themselves in front of people all the time.
The question now is How do you tell someone their breathe smells bad without hurting their feelings?
Do you just ask them if they ate shit last night? OR
Do you just buy them mouth wash?
Well, hopefully not. Especially if that person is your boss, you might be scared of getting fired and just have to keep working with them, persevering with the smell for the rest of your working days.
With bad breathe, you can’t really enjoy your family, friends, your working relationship with others and worst of all your marriage.
Bad breathe is really devastating and can keep you from freely expressing yourself. I have witnessed a girl insult her own brother and tell him he will never ever have a girlfriend because his breath smells like shit. It was horrible.
To know if you have bad breathe, you can self-diagnose by asking a close friend or family member to help you out. Or you cup your hands over your nose and mouth and exhale with mouth open.
CAUSES OF BAD BREATHE
The main causes of bad breath originate from the mouth especially when there is little saliva flow but sometimes can also come from within the body especially Respiratory and Digestive system.
Consuming foods such as raw onions or garlic can cause bad breathe which will eventually go away as you wash your mouth properly. Other causes include;
- Tooth decay or Gum infection which increases bacteria habitation.
- Viral infections like mouth herpes,
- Lung infection and Sinuses,
- Fasting which reduces saliva flow
- Stress or anxiety
- Some drugs can cause loss of appetite and dry mouth which leads to increase in microbial growth in the mouth.
- Smoking and Alcohol
- Lack of good mouth Hygiene
TIPS TO GET RID OF BAD BREATHE
If your bad breathe is coming from the digestive or respiratory system, or viral infections you will have to see a health professional and get treatment because no matter how many times you wash your mouth, the bad breathe will never stop climbing up from within.
If caused by Tooth decay or Gum infection, you will have to see a dentist. Meanwhile the following tips can be followed at home:
- Scrape your tongue using a tongue scraper or plastic spoon when you wake up in the morning and at night before going to bed. Scraping should be done from right inside but not to the extent of vomiting. After scraping, rinse mouth with clean water at least 3 times.
- Chew at least 5 fresh and soft Guava leaves daily. After chewing, lick a teaspoon of honey. Guava leaves have antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
- Drink enough water to keep body hydrated.
- Brush teeth at least two times a day preferably morning and night.
- Chew gums: NB sugarless gums to help increase saliva flow and also give your breath a good fragrance.
- Use anti bacteria mouth wash.